Mute a tone

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a WK 7500 and I want to use an external instrument with it. Basically I want to play the accompaniment through the wk-7500 but use the midi out from the keyboard (usb) to drive a computer (vst) like kontakt for the right hand. So drums, bass, etc comes from the casio but right hand comes from vst. The problem I faced is that when i reduce the volume of part 1 through the mixer it also reduces the volume from the vst. (not actual volume but midi velocity i think)

The only way i got it to work was to switch local control off and mute all the parts but this mutes the accompaniament too. All I need to mute is one part, ex Part 1, or bass, drums, etc.

Any help appreciated

Reaction score
I can do this with my WK500 by picking an empty ("No Data") patch used for samples for the right hand, but I don't think the WK7500 has samples. Doesn't the WK7500 have a build-in synth? Can you use that and change the parameters to create a patch that produces no sound? Maybe you could reduce the volume on the effect that you use for that sound?

The Y_man

Reaction score
I can do this with my WK500 by picking an empty ("No Data") patch used for samples for the right hand, but I don't think the WK7500 has samples. Doesn't the WK7500 have a build-in synth? Can you use that and change the parameters to create a patch that produces no sound? Maybe you could reduce the volume on the effect that you use for that sound?
Sounds like a good suggestion. Go to Page E-44 of the manual - one of the edit parameters is volume.
The Y-man

Ask a Question