Mute layers in setup.Reverse Process.

Discussion in 'Kurzweil Keyboards' started by Keyboard906, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Keyboard906

Keyboard906

Hi There. i am aware you can mute layers in setup mode on the PC3LE8 ,by using the top buttons on the left hand panel.
    Would it be possible to reverse the process to add layers with the buttons. e.g one or two layers in a setup would be muted
    on selecting the setup but could be introduced as required. OBVS they could be muted before playing the setup,but when using
    multiple setups this becomes taxing on the grey cells.
    Many thanks Ian.

Keyboard906, Nov 16, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Keyboard906

happyrat1 Destroyer of Eardrums!!!

I own a PC3K which as you know has a different control setup than the LE.

If you need expert answers for Kurzweil keys then I'd advise visiting these forums.

http://forums.godlike.com.au/

http://www.ksetlist.com/

Lots of Kurzweil gurus hanging out in those boards.

Gary ;)

happyrat1, Nov 16, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Keyboard906

Keyboard906

Thanks Gary,will take a look.
    Ian

Keyboard906, Nov 17, 2017
  4. Keyboard906

delaware dave

This is zone mutes functionality, CC#149. Example, a two zone setup. You want zone 1 on and zone 2 off when the setup is called up. While playing you want zone 2 to kick in. Take a controller, ex. the switch, and assign it in zone 2 to CC#149 with a midi value of 127 (zone off). Also assign it to CC#149 with a midi value of 1. The switch has two assignments, one assignment is when the switch is off (unlit) and the 2nd assignment is when the switch is on (lit). When you toggle the switch on and off zone 2 will mute and unmute respectively. The controller assignment can be done with virtually any controller, a slider , foot pedal, a button, mod wheel, etc.. In the original manual look for the controller destination list and you will see that zone mutes is assigned on the Kurz to CC#149.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    delaware dave, Nov 21, 2017
  5. Keyboard906

Keyboard906

Cheers Dave. Will give that a go soon as i get chance. The procedure sounds bang on thanks.

Keyboard906, Nov 24, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question