Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Korg Kross

• 4. Any other in the same price range?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello Guys!

The question is very simple: which piano should I buy?

1. Yamaha MX61
2. Korg Kross
3. Roland Juno Di
4. Any other in the same price range?

The first priority goes for the sound, I would like to use for my Ipad daws, and live performance.

Thx and best regards: T79

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is a VERY subjective poll. I won't even attempt to answer it.

First of all what are you looking for? Best Piano Sound? Best Synth Sounds? Best Organ Sounds? Best Orchestral Sounds?

What style of music do you play?

Seriously, take a tour of every music store within a 30 mile radius of where you live and bring a good set of headphones and give each one an equal audition.

Nobody can tell YOU what YOU'LL like any more than anyone can tell ME what I'LL like.

Otherwise, if you can't find them locally visit the manufacturer's websites and audition them there.

Generally you'll find audio samples for any keyboard on the web if you google hard enough.

This poll is almost sublime in its idiocy. Nobody can tell you which one "sounds best."

Gary :p

Reaction score
This is a VERY subjective poll. I won't even attempt to answer it.

First of all what are you looking for? Best Piano Sound? Best Synth Sounds? Best Organ Sounds? Best Orchestral Sounds?

What style of music do you play?

Seriously, take a tour of every music store within a 30 mile radius of where you live and bring a good set of headphones and give each one an equal audition.

Nobody can tell YOU what YOU'LL like any more than anyone can tell ME what I'LL like.

Otherwise, if you can't find them locally visit the manufacturer's websites and audition them there.

Generally you'll find audio samples for any keyboard on the web if you google hard enough.

This poll is almost sublime in its idiocy. Nobody can tell you which one "sounds best."

Gary :p

Hello Gary!

Thank you everything!
This is the music that I play:

I had several keyboards, but this time, I really cant make the right decision.

I really dont want to carry big packs, and heavy keyboards.

So, I now the strength of the brands, but which one makes the best mix of the sounds?

best regards: T79

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
All three are pretty evenly matched. The Yamaha is a bit outdated. I'd say your real choice is between the Korg and the Roland.

Also take a look at the Casio PX-5S. Very lightweight, good hammer action feel, excellent piano sounds and in the same price ballpark.

But in the end, you'll have to base your decision on how they all sound to your ears.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My mistake. I confused it with the older MOX6 from a few years ago.

Then again I've never really liked Yamaha products. They don't use a class compliant USB MIDI interface so getting them to work with Linux, if at all, is a major pain in the A**... :p

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
But in the end, you'll have to base your decision on how they all sound to your ears.

That says it all. If you aren't able to try out each of the contenders (preferably side-by-side) in a store, you'll just need to listen closely and repeatedly to any demos of them, and read as many reviews as you can find from actual owners.

With regard to reviews, I like to pay special attention to the ones that give a product the lowest rating, since those are the ones that focus on the product's shortcomings, and it's a good idea to be aware of any possible shortcomings or issues, so you can weigh them against the product's strengths and benefits.

Ask a Question