My Casio Keyboard won't play out of both internal speakers

Reaction score
The sound is only coming out of the right speaker and also through the right side of my headphones. I acquired from a flea market a couple of days ago and I'm trying to correct this.
It's a Casio HT-700 a pretty cool little synthesizer and appears to be fully functional otherwise and in real good cosmetic condition. I just want this baby to work!! Any info would be a huge help.

Thanks so much!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My guess is that's why the keyboard turned up at a flea market. Possibly/probably one audio channel is blown out on the keyboard.

Try and find a musical instrument technician who works cheap to troubleshoot it for you.

Gary

Reaction score
Hi JC1000, do you have any experience with electronics repair or computer repair? If it was me I would take it apart and check the connections to the speakers to the main board. If you're not comfortable with opening it up or using solder to repair a connection then happyrat1 has a fine suggestion of bringing it to a pro. I would anticipate it might cost anywhere from $25-$50 to repair depending on if it needs parts or not.

Hope this helps! Good luck friend.

Reaction score
Hello JC1000,

Mr Martin's suggestion is good. I would like to add a little:
Holding the headphone plug while playing, slowly move it around.

1) If the headphones come on and the sound is proper, then it is a loose solder connection.
2) If the headphones do come on, but a loud buzzing sound comes on, then it is a loose connection, but the amp may be blown, also.
3) Do you hear ANY kind of sound coming out of the left speaker? (Amplifier hiss, or speaker popping when you turn it on/off?)

In any case, it will require work.

These are a few of the possibilities, but try the simple stuff first.......let us know what happens.

Luck.......................Pat

Ask a Question