My cousin spit on my piano and now two notes play at the same time.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you talking about an acoustic piano or an electronic keyboard?

If it's an acoustic piano, you'll probably need to call in a piano tuner to come and give your piano a good cleaning-- assuming the typical piano tuner can also handle things like repairing or cleaning the keys, otherwise call a piano repair person.

If it's an electronic keyboard, you can check with the manufacturer or look on ElektroTanya.com to see if you can find a service manual for it, which should include illustrations and instructions for disassembling the keyboard for cleaning or repair. But be very, very careful about what you use to try to clean the keyboard with, because some cleaning liquids can totally ruin the electronic components or dissolve the plastic.

Reaction score
I think if his music is so bad that people spit on his instrument he should give it up ad take up Trumpet. At least that has a spit valve. :D :D :D

Gary ;)
No, no, no, no no.

We had a kid start to learn the trumpet, he lived two blocks away and we could hear him, purgatory.

At least with a keyboard the player can wear headphones or a strategic spilt drink will solve the problem.

Worst of the worst is surely the band that practice in their garage and think they are the new Metallica.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Well, if you treat it as any similar request due to spilled coffee or soda or fruit juice-- accidents do happen-- then it doesn't really matter what the source of the stickiness might be. Also, we have no idea how old the OP is, or for that matter their gender, so it's best not to assume they're "one of us" old male keyboard fogeys, or even a young male garage bander. ;)

Ask a Question