my keyboard wont connect

Reaction score
so,

i have tried connecting my roland EXR-5 via USB to my macbook pro 5,1. needless to say it doesnt work.

http://www.roland.com/products/en/EXR-5/index.html

ive followed the connection steps and the keyboard says that it is connected. on my computer a drive gets detected and i can edit the midi files' folder. BUT the keyboard is not detected. for example in garageband it says no keyboard connected.

there is a system update available, the update doesnt say anything about any other method of update other than a floppy disk. wtf, i dont have a floppy disk or drive. can i use USB? do i even need to update?

Reaction score
Look, when all else fails try studying the users manual and/or reading up on the internet.
I know nothing about your particular instrument, but a quick scan of
the user manual (downloaded from Roland)indicates that your USB functions for file transfers. Your EXR5 apparently has dedicated midi in/out connections for midi connection such as garageband, sonor, mastertrackes, etc) would use.

It sounds to me as if the keyboard is working as it is intended.
B3

Ask a Question