MY KEYBOARD

Reaction score
I spent some time here a while ago when my faithful PSR550 died. I'm an old guy who plays old music & enjoys an orchestra to accompany me. I've gone through a few keyboards in my day, & always found the new one to outshine the old one. I found a music store with every brand on display & tried quite a few---& was sorely disappointed. So I sent my Yamaha to be refurbished (a while ago) & could not be more pleased.

Reaction score
I am sort of surprized that neither the Yamaha S670 or S775 did not tick your boxes if in fact you were able to test play them.

I have played both and found both to be pretty good but both with inferior sound and build quality to the Korg PA700 that I bought. But both are vastly superior to the Yamaha E series.

The market choice for quality Arranger keyboards is lacking with only Yamaha, Casio and Korg producing such keyboards.

Reaction score
You guys are missing the boat. I've been playing technichs keyboards since 1994. I started out with a kn 1200 and a couple years ago upgraded to the 6000 which I bought on eBay for about 600 bucks. These keyboards have the most authentic sounds of any I've tried. And very user-friendly. Very easy to use on the Fly. Whoever programed these things really knew what they were doing . The only problem or dislike I have is they just come in 61 note. I also bought a Roland bk9 last year because of the terrific B3 sound which is awesome. And it is 76 note and weighs only 27 lb. As far as all the programs and authentic sounds it doesn't compare to the Technich. I also have a Nord stage 2 88, for when I play with a band. But if you are doing a single or a Duo this Technic is the s***.

Ask a Question