My Moog Grandmother

Reaction score
Hiu there, everybody! Hope you are all staying safe and healthy! Perhaps even writing and playing a lot more music since you've been locked in. I had to work since what I do is considered essential. I've been building cases for hospital ventilators.
On another note, all puns always intended, My lovely wife bought for me on my 65th birthday, a Moog Grandmother! My new Grandma came from a music store! How cool is that? Do any of you have one? I'm kind of looking for some tips. I think it's a great synthesizer and once I have more time and time with her, I may even put up a video.
Stay safe!

Jeremykeys.

Reaction score
Here's a quick vid about the Grandmother. For those who like this kind of thing. Like me! And perhaps Gary. Who loves synths. Which is why we love him!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Very nifty acquisition Jeremy. Have you gotten enough of a handle on modular style to incorporate it into any of your works yet?

I know there's always a learning curve when adding a new instrument to the mix.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Well, I haven't had as much time with her as I'd like. Between work and gardening, time is in short supply. Plus going up to the cottage. I want to figure out how to sync the clock with it and my King Korg. ALl in good time though. I did have quite a scare a few days ago when the pitch went way off. Forgot that analogue synths can do this. A quick search online got me fixed with a recalibration function.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Most of the modern analog gear coming out these days have DCO's (digitally controlled oscillators) which use digital circuitry to lock the frequency of analog oscillators.

Tuning and calibration should be a rare event these days.

They do, however, still require a half hour or so of warm up time to achieve a stable output.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't call that a feature. It's more of a drawback.

They would have no trouble creating the vintage sound without the vintage problems if they cared about the performers.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question