My Recordings

Reaction score
Now I've only been playing for around a year now, so of the early stuff that I've recorded is pretty average. Nontheless hopefully my playing will continue to improve with more time/practice.

Here is my Youtube channel> http://www.youtube.com/user/robsterlobster01?feature=results_main

Please feel free to critique and comment on my videos. Tips and advice are very welcome also!

Here is my latest song I've done. It's a little too fast methinks...

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Hey man! What i would do (i've only heard the walk of life cover), is to practice with either a metronome, or to just have the original song in the background, so you get the feel of the actual tempo of the song :) It will also strengthen your inner clock, since you be forced to keep up with the music, and not the other way around. Also, maybe use the sustain pedal between chords, so it's not so choppy, but rather a constant flow of delicious organ sound :)

Btw, i'm not really a keyboardplayer, but rather a drummer with passion for 70's keyboard sounds, hehe :)

Reaction score
Hey man! What i would do (i've only heard the walk of life cover), is to practice with either a metronome, or to just have the original song in the background, so you get the feel of the actual tempo of the song :) It will also strengthen your inner clock, since you be forced to keep up with the music, and not the other way around. Also, maybe use the sustain pedal between chords, so it's not so choppy, but rather a constant flow of delicious organ sound :)

Btw, i'm not really a keyboardplayer, but rather a drummer with passion for 70's keyboard sounds, hehe :)

That does make sense. Looking back that Walk of Life cover was a bit quick, so I might try and get the feel of the tempo from the original more. I'll try out sustaining the chords as well.

Thanks!

Reaction score
CF, any reason you don't use the massive amounts of technology on board your machine?

The Y-man

As in auto-accompaniment and the like? I dunno. I've been thinking about adding some drumming behind my playing recently, so that's probably the next step in that regard.

Also I practice a lot of these pieces on a normal acoustic piano as well, which means I generally just forget to add anything else to my bare-bones playing. It's just habit really, but I'll add a few more things in the future.

Reaction score

It's been a while. Here's my latest, The Kids Are Alright by The Who. I did this with a dual setting of strings and electric piano.

Ask a Question