My right forearm keeps tiring out easily

Reaction score
....making arpeggios and scalar lead breaks somewhat of a hassle.

It's bugging me :(

Any tips? Post anything... I'm willing to believe there's some very simple solution(s) to this that I'm missing.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Perhaps a change in how you use your fingers, hand, wrist, forearm? Along with the usual "your fingers should hold an imaginary ball, etc.," I found an article about the Taubman Technique that may be of some help.

It would probably also be good to give your arm a rest for awhile, hard as that may be.

Reaction score
we already discussed this on the forums and i wrote something similar as evergreenthompson so search for it a bit.

The key actually is in the correct hand position. without it you won't be able to play
some pieces, won't make it in time, won't have the strength to stretch the hand onto
correct keys etc etc.

This has to be the first thing for any keyboard/piano player to learn.

Reaction score
I don't know...

When I sit down and play, I usually move hand to where the keys I wanna play, my fingers press the keys, my forearm and elbows move with my hands.
When i play chords or whatever, I sometimes use my hand muscle to press the keys using the fingers as like tools to press down with...hard to explain, I think there is a technique name for this...oh well

Reaction score
To me it appears there may be three different schools of thought on how to correctly play keys. Try searching for keyboard technique vids, looking for ones that most closely match how you play. Then force yourself to do one of the other ways instead.

IDK, just a thought.

Years ago my right hand and wrist used to ache after 1/2 - full day at work on the computer keyboard and mouse/trackpad. Somewhere along the line I figured out a slightly different way in how I type and use the mouse/trackpad, and that has made a world of difference.

Angle of hand to keys will make a big difference too. Wasn't it you (AdamGBB) who was looking for the reverse angle keyboard stand? That might help, or it might make the pain much worse.

Reaction score
i found that when there were parts of songs that would make my arm or hand tired that the straighter my wrists were (when it started to get painful) the less painful it would be. idk if that helps at all

Ask a Question