My Song

Reaction score
Today is the 9 year anniversary of when my wife and I first got together so I wrote her a song.
It's not my usual screaming metal stuff. My Martin acoustic and my wife's Simon and Patrick acoustic. She doesn't play it all though. Something to do with having to have short nails. Hmmmm.
Hope you like this one. The timing is a bit sketchy in spots but I tend to value the performance over perfection.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/my-song

Reaction score
That's a great song, very catchy :) I didn't notice any timing issues, so they can't have been too bad ;)

Congratulations on 9 years together! Are you doing anything to celebrate? Also, how's your thumb?

Reaction score
We went to the Keg for dinner last night. That was our celebration. My thumb is slowly getting better. I go back to the surgeon tomorrow. The only good thing about my injury is that I get to spend a lot of time in my studio doing what I love best. Writing and recording songs. I've already got the drums and 2 guitars down for another song. I think if I put my mind to it I could probably write 3 or 4 songs a week. I just never have enough time.
Glad you liked it and thank you for listening!

Reaction score
Great tune Jeremy. Reminds me in parts of a popular Aussie band you wouldn't have heard of called Boy and Bear. Apologies for the tardy feedback but completely missed it the first time around.

I had to give the "my music" thread a break for a while as it was getting clogged up - 'nuff said.

Reaction score
Excellent listening, Jeremy! Especially the gradually building vocal harmonies over a simple melody. I don't really have the knack to write, but I can easily recognize it. Very nice job!!

Reaction score
Today is the 9 year anniversary of when my wife and I first got together so I wrote her a song.
It's not my usual screaming metal stuff. My Martin acoustic and my wife's Simon and Patrick acoustic. She doesn't play it all though. Something to do with having to have short nails. Hmmmm.
Hope you like this one. The timing is a bit sketchy in spots but I tend to value the performance over perfection.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/my-song
good

Ask a Question