My used (but new to me) Yamaha DGX-505...

Reaction score
Good evening,

As seen in my original thread in the Introduction forum...

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/greetings-i-just-found-this-site.25918/

I am seriously enjoying my Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard. It does everything I can imagine - and then some! I am slowly learning the proper way to play piano/keyboards and initially, I went back to basics and bought an "adult piano book 1" from the local music store. I read it, played the exercises, and have moved on to other books.

My main question is with the older DGX series, they take what is known as a Smart Card for external memory (like a giant sized SD card from a camera or smartphone). Do they still make them?

Reaction score
Oops... I forgot to include this in the above thread. As I mentioned before, I am one of those multi-instrumentalist guys and play a little of everything. Here is my Yamaha DGX-505 in the background, surrounded by my collection of other instruments:

Instruments2014_zpsc60add57.jpg

Front row: An old marching band mellophone (i.e. like a french horn in the key of F), Ibanez mandolin, my grandmother's antique heirloom violin.

Middle row: Yamaha 12 string acoustic, Fender Stratocaster, a recorder in C (behind mandolin), Holton Collegiate trumpet, Bundy clarinet, Conn Director trombone, an old (1950's?) Crown Euphonium (i.e. Baritone), Samick electric bass.

Back row: My new/used Yamaha DGX-505 portable grand, full size, 88-key, electronic keyboard!

What is also amazing about the DGX-505 (and all other variations of Yamaha keyboards) is that one top quality keyboard could very well take the place of all the instruments you see in the foreground!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's no "could" about it.

Here's Jordan Rudess performing Ra, live, on his ancient Korg Triton.

All the instrument sounds you are hearing there are being produced by a single keyboard. :D

Gary

Reaction score
Wow.. I am speechless!! That was incredible!! :D

I know my DGX-505 is about 10 years old and discontinued, I wonder if they still make those Smart Media Cards for it, so I could store sounds/tracks on it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Ask a Question