my yamaha keyboard not turn on..plz help!!

Reaction score
When I press power button on my Yamaha PSR I455 Keyboard, the LCD comes ON and goes OFF when I release my finger from power button..It's not booting up..i.e.not showing any letters on display..
1. checked my adapter with multimeter.. it seems ok..
2. checked with batteries..Issue is same.
3. No issue with fuse..
4. No issue with power button
Could anyone please help

Reaction score
Welcome.

The stock first answer to questions involving a Yamaha is to perform a factory reset.

Press & Hold the far right white key on the keybed, then turn on the keyboard.

Come back to us with what happens after you have does this.

Reaction score
I see you posted your question to other forums as well. It seems to me that would be considered as rude, as it causes other people to waste their time trying to help you.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If the power comes on as long as you're holding down the power button, but goes off when you release the power button, then it sounds like the power button itself may have a mechanical fault that prevents it from latching in the "on" position.

If you can't open it up, diagnose the cause, and repair it yourself, then you'll need to see if you can find someone else who can do so.

Note that ElektroTanya.com has service manuals for many models of keyboards. If they don't have one for the PSR-I455, you can look for one for the PSR-E433, since I believe the PSR-I455 is a localized variation of the PSR-E433, hence I would expect that the information about the mechanical and electrical parts related to the power button should be the same for both models.

Reaction score
I see you posted your question to other forums as well. It seems to me that would be considered as rude, as it causes other people to waste their time trying to help you.
I see this all of the time. I tend not to respond to them. What really pisses me off is when someone poses a question, you do the research for them and they are never heard from again.

Ask a Question