NAMM 2021 - Believe in Music

Reaction score
With the usual Convention format cancelled, this years online only NAMM starts on Monday the 18th Jan.

Purely online this year things will certainly be different but it will probably back to a new normal in ‘22.

No doubt the usual attendees who go to the show will be scouring the NAMM website and the various manufacturers own sites to see whatis on offer and they inturn will ge probably and hopefully posting links.

It will be interesting to see what new or refreshed kit is released and we have already had the Roland FPX range of digital pianos announced.

Roland’s release of the FPX range does show to me that manufacturers have not been sat doing nothing, there is plenty of behind the scenes non production activities that could and probably has occurred during the first phase of Covid lockdowns not only by Roland but by other Manufacturers. The new Korg Nautilus was also only released a couple of months ago so new things are happening.

Whilst personally I am hoping for updated Korg arranger kit but I will not be holding my breath on that front just keeping fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you think they will bring out a new OS for the KORG PA4X or a completely new arranger? I really like the look of the PA4X.

Chris

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You can register for the event for free. I did so, and am interested to see what information and materials will be available for "attendees."

Reaction score
Do you think they will bring out a new OS for the KORG PA4X or a completely new arranger? I really like the look of the PA4X.

Chris
It is nearly two years since Korg released the major v3 Next update to the oS and even longer for the 700 & 1000 so yes major updates are long overdue to all their arrangers which is why I am so hesitant in buying a 4X.

Within the last couple of years Yamaha have released the Genos, the SX 900, 700 & 600 arrangers so Korg are definately behind on that front yet still ahead in the useful features within each of the models.

3dc

Reaction score
... so Korg are definately behind on that front yet still ahead in the useful features within each of the models.

I would love to see something new from Korg in Pa300 or Pa600 range in response to upcoming Medeli AKX10 and Yamaha PSR-SX600. Roland could also use some much needed refreshment in arranger keyboard area. :)
I would also love to see Korg or Yamaha investing some RD in MIDI controllers. From big 3 only Roland released A-800 in 2010 and this one is even worse then low end no name midi controllers. :p

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
To be honest, in the last decade I've bought so many latest and greatest that I'm done with buying new gear. I've spent so much time and effort getting everything hooked up to the point where I am finally happy with it and if I ever do get tired of a piece of gear again I'll just trade it in for something used and different.

My GAS has fully subsided and nowadays I'd rather spend time making music than wading thru 500 page manuals trying to memorize different operating systems.

For me, from now on, NAMM is just an opportunity to see what's available used two years from now :D :D :D

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Today is the first day of Winter NAMM 2021. I've only just now checked in online, and will start to post short articles on things of interest. I'm thinking of starting new threads for each major product within the subforum for that brand, unless anyone has a better suggestion?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think it would be far more manageable to keep it all in one thread in the general keyboard discussion forum devoting one or two posts to each manufacturer.

It will make individual items easier to find in future searches.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I think what I'll do is have posts in this thread which list new products, then start new threads on specific products in the appropriate subforums so people can talk about those products if they wish. But we'll see how it goes. I want it to be easy on me, as well as easy on everyone else! :)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
It looks like Yamaha is announcing four new keyboards, although I think we've already known about two of them for a few months:

DGX-670
PSR-E373 / YPT-370
PSR-EW310
EZ-300

I'll add links to threads where each one can be discussed as I create them, but right now I've created only one thread, for the DGX-670.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
On second thought, I think a separate thread for each manufacturer would indeed be better.

Reaction score
New
Yamaha DGX 670

Just watched this and I am impressed with the DGX, presenter is a bit annoying though. The piano voices certainly sounded as good as one expects from Yamaha.

It seems that is is a complete redesign rather than an incremental update.

Was that really me praising a Yamaha.

Last edited:
Reaction score
251D703D-E38E-49C0-B076-826961082C46.jpeg

Ask a Question