Nautilus and Nanopad2

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got the Nautilus and Nanopad2, now that I've retired my Triton after 18 years. No issues connecting and getting sounds from the Nanopad, but I have no idea (after trawling through loads of tutorial videos) how to assign specific keys/samples to specific pads on the Nanopad. Has anyone any experience of this and able to advise me on how to get started please? I'd also love to know if it's possible to have the same samples triggerable from the Nanopad, regardless of the combi I'm using on the keyboard itself (I only use 7 or 8 samples in the set, so to have them there all the time would be handy).

Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Don't know the specifics of the Nanopad or the Nautilus, but in theory you should be able to assign each voice or sample to a different MIDI channel and assign them that way.

Check your documentation.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Just got the Nautilus and Nanopad2, now that I've retired my Triton after 18 years. No issues connecting and getting sounds from the Nanopad, but I have no idea (after trawling through loads of tutorial videos) how to assign specific keys/samples to specific pads on the Nanopad.
If it's like the Kronos, the Nautilus should have on-screen pads. Program those, and then the Nanopad should give you physical triggers to those same things.

I'd also love to know if it's possible to have the same samples triggerable from the Nanopad, regardless of the combi I'm using on the keyboard itself (I only use 7 or 8 samples in the set, so to have them there all the time would be handy).
I can't imagine any way to do that. All the available sounds in a Combi have to be part of that Combi. There are no "universally triggerable" sounds that exist outside the 16 timbres assigned in the Combi itself. But you could put all your samples in one program/timbre, and make that the timbre you use on, say, channel 16 of every one of your combis, and then you'd have the same pad triggers on all your combis.

Ask a Question