Need a gadget that takes in midi signal from keyboard and puts out audio

Reaction score
I have an old electric piano which I like to play. But the speakers are not very good and neither is the audio output. So I want to buy a gadget (or keyboard) that can take the midi output from my electric piano turn it into crisp sound and shoot it out of my stereo. Using a computer is not a viable option as the signal (even when I use asio4all) has too much lag time.

Is there a device out there, that allows me to do this?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Short answer, no.

Long answer...

Without a computer and a soft synth any options you have for using MIDI out to drive a module and use that as your sound engine will end up costing you way more than simply repairing the current piano or depending on the cost of the keyboard, simply upgrading to a newer piano.

My advice would be looking into getting a professional to take a look at your keyboard and give you a firm estimate on repairing the crappy sound. In the end, it shouldn't end up costing you more than $200.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question