Need a keyboard with weighted keys

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am hoping to find keyboard with keys that mimic a normal acoustic piano, I think the term is weighted keys but I am new to keyboards so I could be wrong. I tried several keyboards out in a music store today and none of them gave a response similar to a standard piano, the keys required very little effort to press.

My budget is up to £200. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would be most grateful for any advice.

Also, a headphone slot would be handy.

Thanks

Reaction score
For that price... unfortunately I doubt you'll find anything decent.

Maybe if you look for a used keyboard... but even then, most stage pianos cost more.
Not to mention workstations with weighted keys.

Even cheap casio stage pianos cost double of your budget.

Reaction score
One idea would be for you to buy a 88-note midi controller that has weighted keys and you could then have access not only to piano sounds but to a whole other range of sounds.

Reaction score
Hi Simon

I'm with Skipp - it doesn't exist at that price. You need to spend about twice that or settle for a semi weighted keys compromise.

I've recommended the Yamaha NP-30 on this forum before and IMO it's still a good option at that price level. 76 semi weighted, comes with a stand and music rest, power pack, headphone out (but that's all) and built in speakers.

Reaction score
If someone really wants a piano feel - i wouldn't recommend buying anything else. Even if that person doesn't have the money for it at the moment.

Why spend X amount of money on something that isn't the thing you wanted, and
after several months/years regret it, and go out and buy the thing you wanted in the first place.

Just save up more... you won't regret it in the end

Ask a Question