Need advice! Studiologic FATAR SL-880 reversed aftertouch issue

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Need your advice hard on FATAR SL-880 reversed aftertouch issue (when key pressed gently it will sound like brick dropped on piano :(
When you hit key - it will make almost no sound at all. I tried to reset controller by holding UP/DOWN/ENTER-EDIT three buttons during power up but... no success. I almost got paranoid and looked for problem with my PC drivers setup, reinstalled my Tascam MKII-144 drivers and ASIO4ALL but I don't think this is an issue..
Something holds FATAR at this setting (I guess) or this MIDI controller doesn't reset really (LEDs blinking as if it reset).
Is there any way to... kind of 're-program' aftertouch manually by using command entered via keyboard itself and so on?
I never did anything like this and have no idea how to program MIDI commands on this vintage (but GREAT) controller...
Any help will be appreciated!

Val

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My advice is to contact Studiologic directly.

If this glitch survived a hard reset you'll need more than garlic and holy water to fix it.

Studiologic is Fatar's marketing arm which assembles and sells controllers and keyboards featuring their keybeds.

The SL-880 is actually a Studiologic product.

http://www.studiologic-music.com/

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Need your advice hard on FATAR SL-880 reversed aftertouch issue (when key pressed gently it will sound like brick dropped on piano :(
When you hit key - it will make almost no sound at all. I tried to reset controller by holding UP/DOWN/ENTER-EDIT three buttons during power up but... no success. I almost got paranoid and looked for problem with my PC drivers setup, reinstalled my Tascam MKII-144 drivers and ASIO4ALL but I don't think this is an issue..
Something holds FATAR at this setting (I guess) or this MIDI controller doesn't reset really (LEDs blinking as if it reset).
Is there any way to... kind of 're-program' aftertouch manually by using command entered via keyboard itself and so on?
I never did anything like this and have no idea how to program MIDI commands on this vintage (but GREAT) controller...
Any help will be appreciated!

Val
I see this is an old (ancient) thread, but did you ever get a fix? I had exactly the same thing, but it turns out the microswitches under the 3 buttons had almost completely failed and weren't actually making contact well enough to factory reset. I replaced the 3 microswitches, did an actual factory reset and bam! Correct non-inverted velocity curve restored.

Ask a Question