Need basic help with Alesis Qs 8.2 synth.... 2 more things to figure out

Reaction score
Hi- I'm responsible for figuring out this synth a new member brought into the band and doesn't know how to use. I called Alesis tech help and they just had a manual there and couldn't figure it out- said it was too old and no one there knew. SO......I can make mixes, etc but we're using this keyboard for live playing.

1. Using Slider D to bring in a sound on the MIX: On a MIX.... I want to be able to play a nice keyboard sound but be able to bring in strings during a live song just using the D Slider quickly with my hand. Why can't I push that slider up and just bring in Program 052, Lush Strings which I have on Channel 5>? I've looked through and studied the manual and tried lots of things. But Slider D just wants to bring in Reverb. I can't get it to just control the basic volume of one of the patches in the MIX.

2. Separate Output: We also use Key Bass. On a MIx, my Left hand will be playing bass. How do I just get the bass tracks in a MIX to go out either the left or right channel in the back of the keyboard so we can EQ the Bass separately>? I see Pan and <3.... >3 functions- I fool with that, doesn't seem to change output of the sound...

Help would be so appreciated- Ruthy

Reaction score
Hi there Ruthie welcome to the forums! :) What kind of band are you in?

Reaction score
HI- I'm in a variety band- been with them a long time-- lead sing and trade off on keyboard. LH plays key bass....

Ask a Question