Need help connecting Yamaha PSR E343 to PC

Reaction score
Hello! I don't know how to connect my PSR E343 to my PC. I've looked for cables that would fit but none do. I bought one which looked similar last month but it doesn't fit at all.
Can someone tell me the name of the cable or even a Amazon Link?

Reaction score
Welsome

Assuming you are trying to connect to a Windows or Mac computer the standard USB cable with type A and B plugs at either end is what you need.

These are the standard USB cables that you would have with the Printer.

Prior to connecting do download and read each of the four manual pdf's that there are for your 343

Depending upon Windows or other operating system Drivers may or may not be required.

Pleqase post more on the device you are trying to connect to/

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you're trying to connect for sending or receiving MIDI, you'll need a USB cable like the following:

Make sure it fits these criteria:

- USB A to B
- USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0!)
- under 3 meters long

If you're trying to connect for sending or receiving audio, you'll need TRS audio cables, although an inexpensive USB audio interface would be better.

What is it that you are trying to achieve, specifically, so we can offer the best advice? That is, why are you trying to connect the keyboard to a computer; what are you wanting to do once you have it connected?

Reaction score
If you're trying to connect for sending or receiving MIDI, you'll need a USB cable like the following:

Make sure it fits these criteria:

- USB A to B
- USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0!)
- under 3 meters long

If you're trying to connect for sending or receiving audio, you'll need TRS audio cables, although an inexpensive USB audio interface would be better.

What is it that you are trying to achieve, specifically, so we can offer the best advice? That is, why are you trying to connect the keyboard to a computer; what are you wanting to do once you have it connected?
Hello, I was looking for sending and receiving MIDI. Thank you very much. I use a program which i can hook up a MIDI Device and play on it.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You should be able to find the right kind of USB cable at office supply stores, computer stores, and department stores that include a department for computer supplies.

We probably should have asked what kind of port your computer has, because if it's a laptop or tablet then it might have a mini USB port rather than a full-size USB port, and if it's a tablet or smartphone then it might not have a USB port at all and might need a special adapter that lets you connect USB devices to it.

Actually, Biggles did ask you to clarify the type of device you want to connect your keyboard to, whereas I was more caught up in whether you're trying to transmit/receive MIDI or audio.

Ask a Question