need help in replacing a keyboard

Reaction score
I have a 25-year old Yamaha DSR-2000 keyboard that I mainly use to sequence accompaniments for my clarinet practice. I hit a few buttons and then play 4-note chords to sequence say 12-bar blues that I can play over and over at various tempi and in various keys. I want to upgrade to a keyboard with more accompaniments, that is fairly easy to use, and that will allow me to store songs either on the board or to my computer.

I’ve had three replacements: 1) a Roland Juno G that was much too complicated (I could figure out how to get it to do what I wanted but the next week I’d forget the steps), 2) a Yamaha MM6 that I couldn’t get to loop, and 3) a Casio CTK-4000 that I also couldn’t quite figure out how to loop (maybe the ‘A-B repeat’ function would do it). I've returned them all.

Now I’m thinking about a Roland E-09, but I’m not sure if it will loop either. My budget is under $1000 and I’d appreciate suggestions.

Reaction score
I have a 25-year old Yamaha DSR-2000 keyboard that I mainly use to sequence accompaniments for my clarinet practice. I hit a few buttons and then play 4-note chords to sequence say 12-bar blues that I can play over and over at various tempi and in various keys. I want to upgrade to a keyboard with more accompaniments, that is fairly easy to use, and that will allow me to store songs either on the board or to my computer.

I’ve had three replacements: 1) a Roland Juno G that was much too complicated (I could figure out how to get it to do what I wanted but the next week I’d forget the steps), 2) a Yamaha MM6 that I couldn’t get to loop, and 3) a Casio CTK-4000 that I also couldn’t quite figure out how to loop (maybe the ‘A-B repeat’ function would do it). I've returned them all.

Now I’m thinking about a Roland E-09, but I’m not sure if it will loop either. My budget is under $1000 and I’d appreciate suggestions.

KORG TR, easy to use :)

http://www.georgesmusiconline.com/product_info.php?products_id=89476

This guy is pretty boring but he'll show what it can do :)

Ask a Question