Need help - New Software or Librarian?

Reaction score
Hi ... I need help ... I have a Kurzeil PC3, Korg Krome and a Roland Fantom XR. I have been out of the game for a while, ex-road dog, am not currently gigging, playing along with tunes, charting lyrics and chords with OnSong. I struggle with doing less playing and spending more time looking for sounds through the three onboard libraries I have.
I am interested in adding a Mac mini, likely an iConnectivity midi interface with Onsong to pull patches up per song, but would really like to have a singular librarian that I can sort and filter my patches/combos, etc.
I have been looking at some software solutions (Cakewalk, Logic Pro, Band in a Box, MainStage) but am more worried about utilizing my current sounds than software based, should I start gigging again.
Any recommendations?
thanks
RickyKeys

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Personally I'm a Cakewalk fan. But she don't run on a Mac AFAIK.

As for gigging? How's your prostate? You might need a diaper :D :D :D (j/k)

Realistically speaking you're only as old as you feel but I've never felt the urge to gig.

Are you currently doing any studio work? Absolutely the reason I started playing. Creating music *I* like for the sake of *MY* enjoyment.

All this is sheer conjecture anyway, since you didn't mention how old/young you really are.

Howabout you tell us a little more about yourself before we tell you which direction your true destiny lies in :D :D :D???

Nice to meecha :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question