Need Help selecting tone in Roland FP-7 when using it with midi in

Reaction score
Hello good people. I wasted better half of the day trying to battle this issue but no clues what to do.

I need to select a specific piano tone from Roland FP-7 when i connect midi in to it and record output signal.
By default it plays some standard piano, but i need to select another instrument. When i change the tone on Roland itself output tone doesn't change.
I tried sending Program Change signals with midi track but only figured out how to send commands for standard 127 general midi tones. I can't select from specific Piano or E.Piano or other Banks that Roland offers.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What DAW software are you using to send MIDI?

Depending on which one you are using., you have to install or create an information file for your keyboard that tells it what Instruments to play and what mode the Bank and Patch Select commands use.

In cakewalk it's called an INS file or Instrument definition file.

In cubase it uses a different type of script file.

Find out what format your DAW uses and search the internet to see if there is a custom script already created for your instrument.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
What DAW software are you using to send MIDI?

Depending on which one you are using., you have to install or create an information file for your keyboard that tells it what Instruments to play and what mode the Bank and Patch Select commands use.

In cakewalk it's called an INS file or Instrument definition file.

In cubase it uses a different type of script file.

Find out what format your DAW uses and search the internet to see if there is a custom script already created for your instrument.

Gary ;)

PHEW! Thanks ALOT! Your advise have put me on the right track. I still don't know how the freaking Program Change works after looking at ins file and plugin settings but Reaper Plugin does the job for me in Ableton Live which I am using thats enough for now....

Ask a Question