Need help to buy first keyboard

Reaction score
Hi to all, this is my first post here, so I present: I live in Spain and I play bass since 2004. My brother wants to start playing keyboard and we don't know anything about them. The styles he likes are:

1. Jamaican music (reggae, ska, and other jamaican rythms)

2. Electronic music with weird sound and a lot of rare effects.

As far as I know point 1 would be a hammond organ, but they are extremely expensive and out of our budget. Are there other options to reach that typical jamaican sound?

And if I'm not wrong, his creative electronic side 2 would be happy with a synth with lots of presets or very flexible sounds. But there is the problem that I looked for synths in a site and I found lots of kinds of synths with different forms (Synthesizers - U.K. International Cyberstore). Some have keys, some don't have, some others are just a small box with 4 to 6 buttons and there are others with just one antenna. And that confuses me a lot.

The problem is that we don't even know exactly what he needs, because we don't know exactly which are the differences between keyboards, organs, stage pianos, electric organs, workstations, or synths, so we can't decide.

The other problem is that at the moment he only has 300€ ($423.769), so the more it costs, the more he'll have wait to start with his new hobby... :(

Well, we hope, you can help us, because the spanish keyboard communities are either hacked or abandoned.... :mad:

Ask a Question