Need help with my DGX.

Reaction score
I purchased three songs of the official Yamaha songs site (the site is YamahaMusicSoft), then, I tried to upload the songs to my keyboard, but the piano doesn´t detect one song.

I did a lot of things to get that songs and only one works well, because the second one isn´t learnable because one two hands part of the song is locked up in one hand (the right one) and I don´t know why..... Please help.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi Nick !

Welcome to the Keyboard Forums. This is most disappointing, It almost sounds like you got ahold of a couple of songs that are not really for the DGX. So, you may want to give Yamaha Support a call and discuss it with them, particularly if they sold you a song that is supposed to work with the DGX's learning system, but doesn't. If they allow re-downloads for free, you may want to try that, as you may have just got some data errors during your initial downloads.

Over on the Casio Forums, I teach a procedure for modifying generic Standard MIDI Files (SMF's), from the internet, that have both the right and left hand parts on the same MIDI track/channel, and splitting the data out onto the correct tracks/channels to work with the Casio lighted key and learning models. The procedure would be the same for Yamaha, but I am not familiar enough with any of those models to know which tracks/channels the data needs to go on.

But . . . give Yamaha Support a call and see if they can help you out. Best of luck with this !

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Did you filter the selections on the Yamaha site to only display those songs specific to your DGX model?

Ask a Question