Need Help with saving track to USB-

Reaction score
hi everyone the keyboard I'm using is (yamaha) PSR E433 Im trying to save my track I constructed to my USB for some reason my USB drive wont sync. I can not even bring it up to format it to my keyboard then save. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• CAM00574.jpg
    CAM00574.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 403

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
One possibility is that the USB thumb drive itself is going bad. Does it work when you plug it into your computer? Can you reformat it on your computer?

Another possibility is that the USB thumb drive you're trying to use is incompatible with the PSR-E433. There's a list of compatible devices at Yamaha's site:
http://download.yamaha.com/search/p...ry_id2=16084&category_id3=&product_id=1629835
"Compatible USB Device List for PSR-E433、KB-290、PSR-I455、SKB-J700、PSR-E443"

A third possibility (if you haven't had much prior experience using a USB thumb drive with the PSR-E433) is that you aren't waiting long enough after inserting the drive before trying to access it. When you insert a drive, the USB indicator in the upper left corner of the LCD screen will flash for a while, and if you try to access the drive before the indicator stops flashing you'll get an error message. There have been many times when I've inserted a drive into my PSR-E433 or PSR-E443 and then tried to access it before it was ready, despite knowing better-- it's just so easy to forget to wait if you're in the middle of working on something. Also, I believe the length of time it takes for the drive to become ready for access on the keyboard depends on how much data is stored on the drive, because the keyboard needs to read through the file names and folders. Which brings me to...

A fourth possibility (if the drive still works fine with your computer and has previously worked fine with the keyboard) is that it's got too many files stored on it. I'm not sure, but I think the keyboard may make a directory listing in its own memory of the file names and folders found on the USB thumb drive, and there's a limit to how many files, folders, and subfolders the keyboard can handle. I think that if you go over the limit, the drive might still work okay except that the keyboard can't access all of the files on the drive. And if you go too far over the limit, the keyboard might get "stuck" while it's doing its initial scan of the drive. Try moving everything off of the drive to some other location-- e.g., a backup folder on your computer-- and see if the drive works in the keyboard after that.

Ask a Question