Need help with the harmony.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm pretty stumped. There's this sound that I hear all the time but I can't figure out what's going on. Here's an example.
- from 00:47-1:20. What chord voicings are being used by the keyboard/synth? I'm hearing lydian but what are the other voicings that come before and after? I know theory but when I compose I just use my ear, but I want know what's happening so I can evoke this sound when needed. Please help, thanks!!

Reaction score
Yes, not only the chords. But the voicings, primarily from the synth. i want to know how the harmony works ( that fusiony sound). It’s a sound that I always hear but can’t figure out. I hope im making sense.

Reaction score
Are you looking for the chord pattern for this specific song?
To be a bit more specific. Is it modal interchange? Were there altered voicings used? one part i hear lydian then i hear phrygian during the solo. But i cant figure out the progression. I want to know the theory behind it.

Reaction score
This probably won't be of much help, but the chords for the song are available on Chordify. I use to use that and similar sources to help guide me in learning new music on guitar. I hope this helps, but I suspect you'll say thanks but obviously I already knew that...good luck.

Ask a Question