Need help with vintage Casio SK-200 replacement part

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Casio Sampling keyboard SK-200 that belonged to my mother. One of he keys was broken. I was told by a Casio referred Casio junk yard in California to take it apart and the part number would be on the back of the keys. He said that several keys would be one piece/part. The keyboard is actually divided into two parts and there are no part numbers on them. Only key numbers. I am trying to find out if there I a way to determine the part number, and then find a place that may have it. Also, it appears to be exactly the same as the keyboard on my Casio CZ-230S keyboard, so I am wondering if they are standard keyboards for smaller synthesizers of that time. Does anyone have any direction for me? TIA.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
All I can say is keep looking.

For sure Casio won't sell you the parts for that antique.

You might be able to google up a parts list, schematic or service manual somewhere that will give you the correct part number.

Then you can search ebay for a busted up model selling for parts.

Here's a couple of links that may be of help.

Otherwise, since this is a really worthwhile restoration project you might want to get a replacement scanned and 3-D printed by some local service if you want to spend a hundred to get it up and running.

Really the SK series was one of the earliest examples of sampling keyboards way back in the 80's and 90's.

Good luck with your project. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
There are quite a number of these for sale on Ebay.... Buy one that's working and use it, or buy a faulty one and cannibalise it.

Reaction score
Thank you. I just looked and only found on listed in the US and they want $320. I cannot afford a fraction of that. All I need it the half keyboard.And I am trying to find out if it is a part synonymous with other models, so perhaps I can take it from another cannibalized model.

Reaction score
There is one for sale in UK listings for (currently) $13.58 with around $21 postage offered from UK to the US.
I doubt you'll find much cheaper.
Good luck.

Reaction score
I just searched again an nothing comes up. Only Sk-1's and accessories. And the one for $320. I am searching for Casio SK-200.

Reaction score
I found it. It was the eBay UK site. I thought US eBay was the same. The seller won't ship to the US though. :-(

Reaction score
Glad you found it! Item 274630564389.
That's a great shame. I can't understand why he is reluctant to ship it though.
I will keep my eyes open.... Keep searching.. Never give up is my motto!

Ask a Question