need last-minute help using Split with Motif 8.

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I've cross-posted this under the "Yamaha" section as well.

I have a new Motif 8 and a tryout for a band tomorrow. I'll be using the Motif, but I'm having some problems with basic functionality. This thing is unintuitive as hell right now.

I do have the manual. If I read it correctly, I can only split Performance sounds and not Voice sounds. Can that really be correct? I'm trying to play Dire Straits - Walk of Life. I've grumbily settled on either the "Jazzy" organ sound or the "Gospel Split" one. I like the split of the Gospel, but the lower organ isn't the right one. I'm trying to split Jazzy and just cannot figure out how. Any quick help anybody can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Reaction score
You might want to also post your question over on www.motifator.com, as that is primarily a forum of Motif gurus, including several Yamaha staff. There is a pretty good chance that someone over there has already done what you are trying to do and could save you a lot of time - not only on how to do it, but also which specific voices to use. You will want to post your question in the particular sub-forum section that applies to your keyboard for the quickest/best answer.

Last edited:

Ask a Question