Need some advice about keyboard

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was over at a friends house who made some pretty cool music using a program called REASON.

I was thinking I had some time on my hands and this looks like something to take this time up. How he was using a digital keyboard with it, and I want to do the same. The program is like 500$, so I am looking for a keyboard in the price range of $250.

After looking around for a few days online, I stumbed upon this:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--CASCTK810

It seems like it would do everything I am looking for, but figure it would be best to ask someone a little more knowledgeable.

could anyone recommend this, or maybe something else?

THANKS!

Reaction score
i never heard of a program called "reason"
but i will tell u "NOT TO GET A CASIO"
worst keyboard brand ever lol

eva

Reaction score
yes i know Reason, its a great program. try to get a yamaha they are great and you can find a cheap one.

Reaction score
yes i know Reason, its a great program. try to get a yamaha they are great and you can find a cheap one.

yeah, I figured Yamaha would be the better choice, could you recommend a particular model?

Reaction score
i never heard of a program called "reason"
but i will tell u "NOT TO GET A CASIO"
worst keyboard brand ever lol
And what about the Casio WK-serie ? The new WK-serie.
I'have read they are not too bad, especially considering
what you get for the money (reality of sounds probably
(little)less than Yamaha)

thanks for answering,
Han

Reaction score
And what about the Casio WK-serie ? The new WK-serie.
I'have read they are not too bad, especially considering
what you get for the money (reality of sounds probably
(little)less than Yamaha)

thanks for answering,
Han

Well sure not too bad but that depends on what you compaire the WKs with aswell you can get a WK for around $300 around here and I would rather but something like a Roland e28 or something, okey it's not a workstation but after all the criticism casio been through, I would prefer a Roland and I've played on some casios in some music stories and it's rubbish in my opinion

Reaction score
why do you want a full keyboard for making music with reason.

You'll use MIDI control anyway. buy yourself a midi controller, and that's
more than you need.

Reaction score
why do you want a full keyboard for making music with reason.

You'll use MIDI control anyway. buy yourself a midi controller, and that's
more than you need.

I want one ^^ but never use one before so I don't know how they work

why don't you do a Hooking up a Ergo to a Midi controller? ;-)

Reaction score
it's easy. most of them support USB nowadays. So you take the USB cable, plug it into
your PC and you're ready to rock. Every software will recognise your keyboard and you'll be able to use it.

Reaction score
it's easy. most of them support USB nowadays. So you take the USB cable, plug it into
your PC and you're ready to rock. Every software will recognise your keyboard and you'll be able to use it.

Sounds great ^^ but how do for example a Roland ax7 which Henka in Sonata Arctica use works on stage? I meen the only thing he has on stage is some kind of footcontroller or sth

Reaction score
Sounds great ^^ but how do for example a Roland ax7 which Henka in Sonata Arctica use works on stage? I meen the only thing he has on stage is some kind of footcontroller or sth

When on stage you connect your MIDI controller with some racks. A keyboard rack is just a module with all sounds from particular keyboard.

Something like this:

motif_rack_main.jpg

T-RACK-sm.jpg

roland_fantom_xr.jpg

You program all the sounds and combis ON the rack so you use the pedals just to switch between them, and you use your MIDI controller to play them.

It's very simple actually :D

eva

Reaction score
Ergo plz how can you compare ppl here with some guys of Sonata Artica !
Here there are ppl who want to use the keyboard as an instrument to play "live" so they b=tend to buy good ones. But there are also ppl that want to use it as a tool for the computer or something like that.

And we don't have all 1000 euros minimum to buy a great one. And we don't see all on stage.

Ask a Question