Need some advice, totaly confused :)

Reaction score
Lol what a nightmare
oh well to make it quick
really need some advice on which is the better keyboard to buy as a beginer and why

been looking at the casio lk220 and the yam ez200 ?

Awwwwww a friend just mentioned the CTK-900 as well ?

Does that have the key light funtions ?

Reaction score
CTK 900 doesn't have lit keys - the only Casios with them are the LK series.

Out of those, if you want the lit keys, I'd probably go with the Yamaha, as it will probably last you a little bit (but not much) longer than the Casio. The CTK is a much more serious instrument, in comparison, with more voices and a more powerful synthesizer and drum machine - it might be one to upgrade to in the future.

Just a hint, if you give a bit more info, such as what sort of music styles you like, do you want to be able to play against a backing track, and more importantly, what your budget is, you will probably get some helpful answers.

Reaction score
Okey dokey, thanks for what you said anyway,
Hard to say what sort of music i like really as i like almost anything good lol
If i was recording tracks it would prob be R & B based i guess,
But i used to play piano a little and could play a few aznovour songs lol
So my tastes are quite strange i guess,
Was looking to spend as little as poss really as just want to see if i can get back into playing after all this time,
So wanted to start from scratch with a learning keyborad that had enough gadgets to keep me intreasted,
And i really cant remember how to play or read music anymore been so long and my brain is mashed :)
Oh and on top of that smashed my hand up quite bad so need to see how my fingers sit, But once i am up and running i will prob spend a few quid on getting somthing good,
Can see that people dont really rate the casio's but as long as it helps me i think its the way forward for the moment, Unless anyone has a better idea ...?

Was looking to spend upto about £300 but ive found the lk220 for £120 and the Yam for £110 so was really pleased, Dont quite know why the prices for these keyboards varys so much in different locations, ive seen them in some shops at alot more than that

Damo

Reaction score
Out of curiosity - when you refer to R&B is this the proper Rhythm & Blues of old
or the wishy-washy rubbish that has hi-jacked the name in recent years?

Reaction score
Lol i know what you mean, not the wishy washy stuf, old style R & B aloughth i do like certain modern bits and bobs, guess you would call it maybe more swing beat not sure ? Like jodeci when devante was writing there stuff, Jill Scott, and Deangelo but i guess thats bit more jazz like, Oh and ELO still kick ass LOL but that was pop really i surpose :p

Ask a Question