Need some expert advice please

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forums. I'm looking for some advice about buying a keyboard workstation/arranger.

The first keyboard I owned was a Casio Tone Bank something. It was a cheap arranger type keyboard with start/stop, fill, single note accom. type features.

Next I owned a Yamaha SY85, it was more of a workstation with a built in sequencer.

After that I started to move away from workstations/arrangers, and more into digital pianos. I owned a Rhodes for awhile and now I just paid off a Roland RD300-SX, which is a great digital piano.

Recently, I've realized I want to get back into "one man band" type stuff with an arranger, but they're so many it's a bit overwhelming. Also, I have been out of the market for this type of keyboard for so long I could use some help.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1) $1500 or less
2) loop parts on the fly
3) aftertouch

Thanks, I appreciate any help anyone could give me. I really just want something I can get creative with, this coming from someone who's more performance based, I like being able to play what I record, if that makes any sense. Thanks

Reaction score
Second hand Yamaha M08 if you can get one ... you wont regret it ... had mine for a few years will never sell .... great feel keyboard ... brill sounds ... motifator site provides new ones ! Lovely Jubbly

Ask a Question