Need some good brass/horn sounds

Reaction score
I have a Kurzweil and older Ensoniq board. The Kurzweil is great for piano and the Ensoniq has some pretty good sounds as well. I'm looking for another board to give me some better horn/brass sounds. I am in a new band and we are playing some Swingout Sister which has a horn section in it... I know I'll never get the exact sounds- but are there any other boards that are better suited?

Reaction score
Looks like you have 2 great keyboards already, which model Ensoniq do you own? I have a ZR76 and it has some nice horn selections. My problem is similar, I want a little better piano, but don't want to loose my ZR soundbank. Do you have any considerations at this time?

Reaction score
I bought a used Alesis QS6 for $200. It is pretty sweet, lots of great pre-programmed sounds and the horns sections are close to what I'm looking for, but not quite there. See a similar question that I just posted and hopefully some body will tell us what more can be done with this. I know this board can do what you (we) are after.:cool:

Ask a Question