Need Your Advice on Buying My Next Keyboard.

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Ladies

I'm after upgrading from my faithful PSR 540 that ive had from new. I'm thinking of buying a PSR E413 but I'm not sure were in the entry level of Yamaha Keyboards the PSR E413 comes in.

I've been to a number of music shops but there sales staff were only interested in showing off there skills and to make the keybourd sound and look as good as possible so id buy it, they didnt give me that much info about the enrty level it came in and failed to answer this very question.

Is the PSR E413 a upgrade or down grade from the PSR 540 as far as the entry level goes .

Hope that made scene.

Thank you for your time

Baz82

Reaction score
The PSR-E413 is an old keyboard, but it has a lot of functions and it's a worthy upgrade from PSR 540. If you have the money, I'd suggest you to buy the newest model, the PSR-E433. It is basically E413 with 200 more sounds, ultra wide stereo and more goodies. The PSR-E4** series are the highest of the entry level. After PSR-E4** comes PSR-S mid-range series. BTW how do you want to use the keyboard? If you want to play piano pieces I suggest weighted or at least semi-weighted keys. If you want auto-accompaniament, DJ-like controls and electronic sounds, then the PSR-E413/433 is a great choice!

Reaction score
Hello Baz82,

The advice maskedpianist47 gave is good. And the mentioning of the PSR-S units brings the question: Have you concidered moving beyond the "entry level" series? I have worked with an E-413 before, and it does sound ok. But the PSR-S series have a few more features that you may want or need. It is just a thought...................Pat

Reaction score
hi i have a casio ctk6000 i do not like the rythm sound and was hoping to get some counrty bouncing sounds but don't know how had very little support after buying this item i have read that you can load new rythms just wondering how .have no knowledge tech wise can some one advise

The Y_man

Reaction score
Reaction score
thank you all for the advice. i went to a new store in Manchester and had a demo of the PSR-E433 and saw the a shiny new Yamaha MM6 and was given a good informative demo on the Yamaha MM6 and ive bought one for £450. Stunning keyboard. its got exactly what i was after since im in to making dance music and getting a free copy of Cubase LE made the choice all the sweeter.

Ask a Question