Need your assistance please?

Reaction score
Hello,

I think I've got the right category for this.

I'm looking to make my rig more portable in terms of having all my gear plugged in and ready to go with minimal setup time, I've recently bought a 6U rack case and I'm looking for an interface to go in it. I've been looking into the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/focusrite-saffire-pro-40-firewire-interface), I would like to use this interface in standalone mode so I don't need to bring a computer to all of my gigs.

I would like to have a Roland RD 700GX stage piano and a Mininova analogue modelling synth connected (and a midi keyboard w/ laptop occasionally for the extra synth sounds). My entire rig needs to be versatile in covering anything from a small jazz bands to completely programmed pop gigs where I could be using any number of patches. This interface needs to allow me to expand my rig in the future.

At the moment I'm mostly doing jazz and cover band gigs, some who want more synth sounds from me but with my current setup (being a home studio type of thing) isn't extremely portable. I mean I did a gig on the weekend with my mbox 3 pro tied into the rack case so I could transport it without damaging it. The rack case also makes transporting all the necessary equipment easier, keeping all the stuff for my keyboards in one place.

So basically I'm asking for any advice and opinions on using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 for this type of thing? And is there anything else I will NEED to add to this rig (think along the lines of the basics for a rack setup as this is my first rack and I'm not really sure what to do with it)?

Thank you in advanced =D

Joshua

Ask a Question