Need your opinion: Casio CT-700 and Yamaha PSS-790

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post. I need your opinion.

I'm from Argentina, and right now I don't have more money to buy better and newers keyboards. I'm a beginner, playing with Casio Casiotone MT-540, 4 octaves, small keys.

What do I espect from my keyboard? to be something to have fun with.. small gigs with friends, nothing really clean and beautiful.. just for fun. And I also want to be able to play some old songs like depeche mode's ones and stuff. A digital drum also.

I'm not decided what to buy, I'm between Casio CT-700 and Yamaha PSS-790.

Click on each model to see review.

Casio CT-700
Yamaha PSS-790

Things to consider:

1) I have really small hands. CT-700 has bigger keys, PSS-790 the same than my actual keyboard. Bigger keys are something that maybe I have to face, but I don't know... i feel really confortable with the small keys, so far. Maybe a change for bigger keys would be nice anyway.. though piano is not what I most like, I like techno stuff a little bit more.

2) CT-700 has sensitivity on its keys, PSS-790 doesn't.

3) Both have 5 octaves, but PSS-790 has pitch, which CT-700 hasn't. With the pitch I can "move" to set the 5 octaves where I want right?

4) And the last thing, the 5 octaves keyboards, have three octaves to right and two to left from middle C ? because that is what I need to play some songs I want. The CT-700 doesn't have pitch mover so this can be an issue if the octaves are set in other position by default, cuz I can't move them.

Any opinion/question is welcomed. Good luck and thanks :)

Ask a Question