New Album - Pummeled Soul

Reaction score
Hello fellow keyboardists. I have been working on this album on and off for the past 6 years. All tracks were inspired by massive hardships in my life such as divorce, abandonment by friends and family, etc. It begins with the first reaction to the aforesaid hardships, that being the track titled "Bitch", then works its way through self-reflection, self-assessment and reminiscence and then ends with the proposition of acceptance and finally the contemplation of the end, those tracks being “Dream of Possibility” and “Death”. If you listen to the entire album then you will hear all of that, but if you only spot-check it, my recommendations would be “Remember When”, “Dream of Possibility” and “Death”.

I welcome any and all feedback as well as any suggestions you may have as to how to best promote it and get it into many ears. It was released through CDBaby, so it should be available on a lot of streaming services, but it of course needs to be discovered first. Many thanks to all and enjoy!

- Chad Trego
www.chadtrego.com

SPOTIFY -

OR

SOUNDCLOUD - https://soundcloud.com/chadt/sets/pummeled-soul/s-bFUTP

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't do spotify. Soundcloud link is not working.

Gary ;)

So sorry Gary. I'm not sure what was going on with the SoundCloud link. It kept modifying itself after I posted, but it appears as though I fixed it now. Many thanks for bringing that to my attention!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just sampled a bit of each song and here's a few initial thoughts.

I did not care for tracks 1,2,3,9 and the final track, Death for the following reasons.

The first three cuts are way too busy and up tempo. The arpeggios are too quick, in fact I suspect some DAW tempo meddling on those songs. 140 BPM is just too fast for anyone not cranked up on crystal meth :) They sound forced to me.

Track 9 suffers from the same malaise.

The final cut, Death, is just too damned morbid and on the nose and really ends the album on a total downer. I really don't think this is the correct message to send on a debut album.

Now for the stuff that I really DID like.

Unknown universe was the only up tempo song that I truly enjoyed and I cannot fly and is this mic on are sounding really good and original to me. I think you should lead with this stuff and maybe scrap a few tracks entirely or at least rearrange them so that the listener eases into the album and segues from tempo to tempo more naturally.

The tracks with outstanding organ riffs reminded me a lot of the Charlatans UK whom I very much admire.

As for how to promote an album and get noticed? I'll let you know once I and a billion other wanna be stars figure it out. ;)

In the meantime keep honing your craft and producing memorable works and remember that it's the journey that matters. Not the destination :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I just sampled a bit of each song and here's a few initial thoughts.

I did not care for tracks 1,2,3,9 and the final track, Death for the following reasons.

The first three cuts are way too busy and up tempo. The arpeggios are too quick, in fact I suspect some DAW tempo meddling on those songs. 140 BPM is just too fast for anyone not cranked up on crystal meth :) They sound forced to me.

Track 9 suffers from the same malaise.

The final cut, Death, is just too damned morbid and on the nose and really ends the album on a total downer. I really don't think this is the correct message to send on a debut album.

Now for the stuff that I really DID like.

Unknown universe was the only up tempo song that I truly enjoyed and I cannot fly and is this mic on are sounding really good and original to me. I think you should lead with this stuff and maybe scrap a few tracks entirely or at least rearrange them so that the listener eases into the album and segues from tempo to tempo more naturally.

The tracks with outstanding organ riffs reminded me a lot of the Charlatans UK whom I very much admire.

As for how to promote an album and get noticed? I'll let you know once I and a billion other wanna be stars figure it out. ;)

In the meantime keep honing your craft and producing memorable works and remember that it's the journey that matters. Not the destination :)

Gary ;)

Many thanks for your assessment Gary! I must confess however that I am somewhat of a puritan and do not EVER digitally alter tempos. The speed that I play at is exactly that and without any crystal meth whatsoever :)~. It's just me, what I do and how I do it. I'm sorry if you found certain tracks too busy, but the flood of emotions which initially inspired them are the demonstrative fusion of both elements.

As for "Death" being too morbid, that is in and of itself a catch 22. Any song titled "Death" by definition should not consist of emotional connotations of rainbows and unicorns, but rather be the essence of the title itself, and many thanks for professing that I hit it "on the nose", as that was the true sentiment at the time. Ending the album on such a "downer" is simply the end of that journey of emotions. It was intended as an artistically emotional rollercoaster. However, if it is on a loop, it starts all over with the fast tempo intro song resetting the listener to where it all started and running them through it all over again, assuming they haven't already taken their own life by the last song...

Just to note, this is not my debut album, but rather my third. Here's to hoping someone will notice and I will somehow magically stand out amongst the billions... :)~

Many thanks again for everything!

Reaction score
Hello there Chad that was a very good selection I enjoyed listening my friend. :) ;) Jon D.:cool:

Ask a Question