New and have a couple of questions.

Reaction score
Glad to find your forum. Perhaps a little background will help when answering my question. I play acoustic/electric backup rhythm gutar with a country band and have done so for the last 6 years. Santa is bringing a keyboard. While waiting I have downloaded several "how to play" videos and I'm encouraged to find that my guitar "patterns" will flow right onto the keyboard.

With the keyboard I would think running my scales would be one of the first things to do to get my fingers doing what they should be doing on the keyboard. Which brings me to my question:

With guitar I rely upon scale/mode patterns and let the pattern place the necessary sharps or flats that need to be in the scale. What do we rely upon in running our scales? WWH WWWH seems like a possibility but is not the fastest thing I've ever done. Remembering that the G scale will have that F# and the D scale will have the F# and the C# is another way I could use. Hopefully there are other methods. What is the recommended method to get the correct notes into the scale run?

Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question