new and know nothing

Reaction score
hello. I'm a keyboard player who needs quite a bit of help. I've been playing keys in a band for a couple of years (before that i'd only ever played piano), the keyboard i use is a Yamaha CS1x (i think). I only really use it for the piano, organ, and a couple of synth sounds. the piano sound isn't great, and i want to expand the sounds i can use. my band has a laptop with "reason" on it but no one knows how to use it. we hooked it up and it has a latency issue.. so my questions are

1 - is reason a good program to use?
2 - how do i fix the latency issue?
3 - what is a better controller than my yamaha? i really want weighted keys but past that i don't really mind (that's the piano player in me coming out!)

I'm going to repost this on the general question bit so sorry if you're reading this for the second time. I would really appreciate any help people can give me, and really, i know nothing so even if it seems obvious, feel free to tell me. Thanks!
B

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums beewah :)

For the latency part, you might want to try a google search for it or something. Reason should have an official website somewhere out there, where they might answer how to fix the latency issues, and there should be a guide teaching you how to use it.

I've actually never really heard of players using Reason, but I'm very new to the keyboard world. Though I've heard Reason 2 is rather powerfull, so probably it's a usefull program, when you get to learn it.

As for the controller.... Well... You could just search some online musicstores (like www.zzounds.com or www.thomann.de) and see if you find anything that suits your needs and your budget.

Ask a Question