new and some questions about midi

Reaction score
Hey everyone, ive been playing keyboard on and off since i was around 10. Well it has come to the point where ive joined a band and am in need of using midi interface. The only problem is that i hardly know anything about it. So simply im asking, what am i required to use in hardware, software etc. All responses are appreciated.

I am using a Roland Em-15 atm, and yes its compatable with GM.

Reaction score
You say you need to use a midi interface - what for exactly? The term "midi interface" is normally used for something that can hook your keyboard up to a computer. Unless you're doing live sequencing or using VSTis, I'm not sure why you'd need one.

Reaction score
You say you need to use a midi interface - what for exactly? The term "midi interface" is normally used for something that can hook your keyboard up to a computer. Unless you're doing live sequencing or using VSTis, I'm not sure why you'd need one.

Well that is what i wanna do - hook up my keyboard to a computer to work with more sounds/effects on it. I just need to know how i am supposed to proceed.

Ask a Question