New Digital Piano, I don´t know what to do...

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I´m new here :)

I do not know anything about music, nothing at all. Always wanted to learn the piano music in particular. I will sign up for a school and buy a digital piano. My money range is around 1000 euros. I want the digital piano to learn music that they will be teaching me at the music school. I´m going to learn classical music first, and probably jazz too.

Looking for a reliable digital piano,that accompany me on my route (for several years, if all goes well ...). A piano that enables learning from my state of beginner to advanced (I hope to get there ...) (I am no longer very young, I have 33 years :-/).

Professionals pianos are very expensive, I do not want the high end piano, but piano with a good quality-price ratio, allowing the mentioned above.

I don´t have much money to spend, on the contrary, but I prefer to make a sacrifice and buy a quality piano from the start, than had to buy another in the medium term because the first does not allow my study. I want a piano for many many years.

I am facing the Yamaha:

Yamaha P95 (549 euros), from what I read on the forum seems to be a good buy, but everywhere I read it is for beginners, which leaves me with reservations.

YAMAHA CP33 (1090 euros) worth the price difference compared to the P95?

YAMAHA P155 B (1279 euros), it escapes my budget :-(, for what I'm reading in several places looks good ... but ... I think its very very ugly that part that imitates wood :-/ / / /

Yamaha CP50, I really like this one, but it is very expensive :-( I´m drooling for this one ...

Current Status:

I'm leaning towards the Yamaha P155, although i don´t like the "wood effect" on top of the keyboard, even in black! I´m nearly losing my mind for the CP50 ....

I think I will buy the CP33, its the less expensive with the GH keyboard :), what do you think?

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Great forum, continue :)

Reaction score
Yamaha's are great and I have had them for many years (keyboards) but have a good look at the Casio Privia as well. Don't make the mistake as so many snobbish people do "Oh, mmmmm a Casio, no thanks" because they make great digital piano's.
Don't just judge on a demo on Internet or so, that's not fair to any keyboard. If you have a change see them in a shop, have them demonstrated and listen to the build in demo's if you can't play yourself yet. Also listen trough headphones if it is a but noisy. It is without any question a personal thing, taste, what you like etc. quite a bit of money and an investment for many years.
Happy keyboard hunting.
DickR

Reaction score
Hello :)
Thank you for the replys :)
I think I'm "In love" for the CP50 :D, i´m looking for a store that has a good price. I found one near me (Portugal) that sells this piano for 1470 euros, what do you think? Its a good price?

Thank you ;)

Reaction score
That's always a difficult question to answer Avirhel, prices are different in other countries due to different tax and importduties. On Ebay you can compare prices a bit as a guideline. Advantage having a dealer near you is that if something goes wrong you are only a 'short' distance away. Buying from EBay is a different story and don't forget the transport and handling and/or importing a keyboard if it comes from somewhere else, that can be quite a bit of money as well..

DickR

The Y_man

Reaction score
Avhirel,

I suspect the differecne between say the budget end P95 and the CP50 is mainly to do with the sound quality and variety (how many different types of piano voices, harpsichords etc), and features (backing rhythm, MIDI song recording etc).

If you aren't going to make use of these, the CP 50 could be a waste of money, especially of the GHS keyboard mechanism is the same anyway (same tactile feel)

The Y-man

Reaction score
The CP50 has the GH keyboard like the CP33. Its better than the P95.
Now I´m thinking that:
- the CP50 is really too expensive for me;
- the P95 has a inferior keyboard (GHS) than the CP33 ans the P155;
- the P155 is too expensive too, its near the price of the CP50;

... So I´m thinking that the best for me is the CP33, because it has the GH Keyboard and good sound (i like beter if it was 128 bit and 4 layers... but...).

Thanks

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I´m new here :)

I do not know anything about music, nothing at all.

I want the digital piano to learn music that they will be teaching me at the music school.

You don't know anything about music and you plan to go to music school for years?

If I want to learn music the I might buy an inexpensive instrument - any instrument - and start playing any music. School is the last place I go for help. Because in music ultimately I teach myself, no one can play piano for me.

Reaction score
You don't know anything about music and you plan to go to music school for years?

If I want to learn music the I might buy an inexpensive instrument - any instrument - and start playing any music. School is the last place I go for help. Because in music ultimately I teach myself, no one can play piano for me.

Mmmm, you must be one of the greatest unknown musicians with advice like this.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ask a Question