New From Massachusetts

Reaction score
After playing acoustic guitar for 6 years, I recently picked up a Yamaha keyboard and have been concentrating on learning to play boogie woogie and 12 bar blues. This is my new retirement hobby and it keeps my wife from wondering what I'm going to do with my free time. I've been playing for about a month, religiously putting in about 3 hours per day. Good fun!

Reaction score
A warm welcome from way over the other side of the pond.

Playing music is a great activity at any age.

Be warned, your keyboard will soon become lonely and it will want a brother, they are like guitars one is not enough.

Reaction score
Thanks all. I've really taken to this instrument. I guess I should clarify that it's my second attempt at playing since I took piano lessons 65 years ago at the age of 6. After enduring several months of getting my knuckles rapped by Sister Josephine's ruler, my Mom decided this wasn't the direction for me to go. I started using a book and audio course by Arthur Migliazza after seeing him at a small venue and getting to chat with him about learning to play boogie woogie. With my singing voice sounding like geese farting on a muggy day (thanks Leo Kottke), I think this is the best direction for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbmusichelp

Latest Threads