New guy here, needing advice on upgrading of keyboard

Reaction score
Hi. im new here, juz sign up not long. Was looking for some advices in purchasing a better keyboard. Im an average keyboard player, who is interested in playing pop, rock, funk, blues and jazz. Ive been playing my dgx-620 for some time now. im contented with the functions it has such as graded hammer standard weighted keys, okay sounds, pitch wheel, great drum machine, split and layer. but i dun record much and i have a small studio rig at home with cubase studio 4, which i use the dgx-620 as a midi controller. but i was hoping that i could get something with better touch and better sounding instruments, and since i use my keyboard as a controller, hopefully maybe something with a mod wheel as well.
im not sure whether i shud get a midi controller or a keyboard. Because i can hook it up to my computer and get band in a box to practise with. Ive heard of great reviews bout studiologic midi controllers, but ive never tried on them before. If i were to purchase a midi controller, i would need something with great touch with both mod and pitch wheel.
For a keyboard, hopefully i can get something with better touch and better sounding instruments.
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! thkz =D

Reaction score
By greater touch, do you mean weighted keys or waterfall keys? If your piano player you want weighted keys.. for organ or horn sounds you probably want the waterfall

Last edited:
Reaction score
S/He's probably given the keyboard away and taken up cross stitch, parkour or darts; disheartened by the lack of response to her/his first post.

All noble pursuits of course and worthy of 10 years' attention, at least. I wish you well, @l0u5y!

Ask a Question