New K2700 is %^$#!in' AWESOME!!!!! Highly recommended. Comments below.

Reaction score
Great sounds. Great organs, too, with full drawbar controls.

My favorite do-it-all keybed on the market, a Fatar TP40L. Hits the perfect balance from synth to EP to piano. Dedicated acoustic piano players will want a heavier feel I suspect, but the TP40L is insanely pleasurable to use. Monophonic aftertouch.

The best controller on the market, which affects both interal and external controls. Any control on the board--from a single key on the keyboard, to a rotary encoder, to a velocity-sensitive pad, to foot controllers--is assignable to do anything at all. Up to 2 CC and up to 4(*) standard pedals; a full organ slider set; 16 pads; and a ton of buttons, plus the standard Kurzweil ribbon is now built in. When it comes to controls, "can I ___?" is "yes!"

Extraordinarily powerful multis, layers, and splits. Stacking sounds together is simple and powerful. High polyphony makes it worthwhile and easy to do.

I don't tend to do a lot of starting-from-zero programming, but VAST is certainly powerful enough to do anything, especially in combo w/ the samples. More to the point, basically every sound has pre-loaded controls for many of the relevant factors (filter frequency or resonance, vibrato depth, etc.) And there are some programs which basically equate to a VA synth.

Functional sequencer--old school, but simple enough to use. Honestly nobody is writing songs on a keyboard in 2022, but it works fine to quickly lay down riffs and custom arpeggios

Overall A+.

(*)You can use a half-damper pedal for better acoustic piano detail, but it counts for two of the 4.

Ask a Question