New keyboard (mid-low budget)

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.
First off all sorry if this has been answered in the past but in a minor research i have done i haven't come up with something similar. Anyway straight to the point.

I playing keys since i can remember myself but then around 16y old i quieted. Now i am catching up from the beginning and my Electon ME-30 does not seem to accompany me properly in this era so i am searching for a new key.
The money IS an issue or else i would go for the Korg PA50sd. I just love it. But the maximum budget is around 450 euros (around 500-550 dolars) so i laid eyes on those two keys.

Yamaha PSR-E443
Roland E-09

I would like some synthesis with PC too but i would also like to be able to hold a night's music covering in some "mpouzoukia" or something(which means i require a variety of styles and voices but the option of loading customs too).
Which option is better?
Is there something else stronger i am not familiar with?

Tons of thank you for you time and your help, and sorry once again if i am overwhelming the forum with equal threads.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Although I love my PSR-E443, the E-09 looks like a better keyboard-- twice the polyphony of the PSR-E443, more preset sounds, and it recognizes more MIDI control changes. As far as I can see, it doesn't have the ability to edit things such as the attack time, release time, filter cutoff frequency, and filter resonance on the keyboard like the PSR-E443 does, but you can set those parameters through MIDI commands.

Reaction score
Can the Roland take custom Styles? And how those work? I am out of the field for a long long time and i am not very familiar yet. Is there a universal type of styles that can be loaded to a keyboard, or each keyboard have styles and custom styles on its own?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Different keyboard manufacturers have their own formats for auto-accompaniment files, so you can't use a Yamaha style file on a Casio, or a Casio rhythm file on a Yamaha, etc.-- you'd first need to convert the "foreign" accompaniment file to a format that your keyboard can process.

I don't see anything in the manual about loading new accompaniments, so I guess you can't do that on the E-09. Also, it appears that the "split point" is set to C4 and can't be changed.

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. It really helps me tilt toward the PSR-E443.
Are there any else available good keyboards around 550dollars?

Ask a Question