new KEYBOARD please any recommendations!!!

Reaction score
hello, name is isaac. so anyways just thinkin of getting a new keyboard and so far this one caught my eye. http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/5398/Keyboards/Digital_Pianos/Korg/LP350.htm thats the info of it. i find this one being very awesome and this link.
provides the info on it and a demonstration on it. so that is what im so far very interested and if anyone has any other recomendations please let me and i will check it out.

Reaction score
well, im not really a professional player or anything like that in fact i havent even taken music lessons yet. but im basically a self taught player and i wouldnt really consider myself being a one type of style but rather all around if that makes sense.

Reaction score
this looks like a pretty good keyboard for you, what your gonna wanna consider is portability tho, if you plan on playing gigs out this and you have to lug around the stand that could stink.

Reaction score
wow nice one prob though (my fault for not mentioning this) way too much my budget is around 1000 to 1200 max cuz im most likely gonna play for this and as u mentioned about portability it seems to lack in that which is why i like the one ive posted cuz it has it stand etc. but dont get me wrong i like the one u mentioned but way too much but thanx for your recommendations and if u have anythin else to much please do so.

Reaction score
omg.. im so sry i thought u were mentioning the ones that say on ur post these ones.

His Kingdom Come, His Will be Done!

Current Rig:
Yamaha S90es -> Midi through MacBookPRO - Logic (Mainstage) -> Korg NanoKontrol.

Others I use on occasion:
Yamaha Motif - Yamaha mm8 - Yamaha P85 - Yamaha CP33
Korg M1 - Korg M50 - Korg Triton

lol my bad so u were talkin about the one i posted right?

Reaction score
It depends what you are looking for Isaac. As Burn4Him said, if you're looking to be out gigging some day, youll need the portability, and a Clavinova isnt right for that. It would just be a nightmare. However, if you are looking for it to stay in your home, and possibly be the main feature of a room, a clavinova looks almost as nice as an acoustic piano.

By looking at the board that caught your eye, I guess you're looking for a weighted keyed keyboard.

I myself play a Korg SP-200 - a fantastic board, if you are looking for a stage piano, rather than a workstation. Its got great weighted keys, is as strong as a tank, has piano/organ/e.p/strings/choir effects amoung a few others, is an affordable price, is extremely easy to use and has a great tone.

It is however very heavy (about 18kg), does not have a wide range of sounds, and does not have integrated speakers (meaning you would also need to purchase an amp to play it through).

But bringing all of this into account, I love it for its tone, the feel of the keys and its simplicity (it also looks pretty well). And I suppose, for me, the main thing is, the feel of it, aka. how much it actually feels like an acoustic piano - and its great.

Anyway, just a preference of mine, and a suggestion for you.

Hope this helps

:)
Keysmccarthy

Ask a Question