New Keyboard - Recommendations?

Reaction score
I'm starting to look for a new keyboard.

I've been playing keyboard/piano for about 10 years and so know my way about the instrument pretty well. The keyboard I play just now (Casio WK-1200 - please also give me a rough idea of how good my current one is!?) has been fine for me and what I do until now, but it is now app. 12 years old.

I will be using it for playing and gigging with my band, which is mostly rock based music in which organ sounds from me play a major part. I would, therefore, love the classic Hammond sound which my current keyboard does not offer me, but also a reasonably diverse range of sounds on top of this.

Also, I am starting a music degree in October, in which my keyboard/piano playing will feature heavily. This degree also offers me the option of going down the full technical, sound production, midi - esque type route, so I would like my keyboard to be able to offer me something in that area as well.

In terms of price, I am a student and therefore pretty poor! I'm just looking for a rough idea, but am willing to wait longer to afford the one that is right for me rather than run out and buy the one I can afford just now.

Also, it must have at least 73 keys, the number of keys my keyboard currently has.

As you may have guessed, I am totally clueless and in need of some expert advice! Any suggestions, (or mockings of any ignorances I have highlighted in this thread!) would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Ask a Question