New Korg PA5X...

Reaction score
I'm more of a workstation guy...but here's the new Korg Flagship Arranger( don't care to know what the price is on this beast!)

Reaction score
I'm more of a workstation guy...but here's the new Korg Flagship Arranger( don't care to know what the price is on this beast!)

Thus far published Pa5x "specs" don't address sample size/resolution (i.e., 16, or hopefully 24-bit) and rate (48kHz, or hopefully 96kHz); nor have I as yet been able to find a Pa5x user manual on Korg's product support/download page. Can someone illuminate this issue?

Thanks

Reaction score

Reaction score
Thanks, but I haven't been able to find fundamental technical Pa5x specs (important to professional use), specifically sampling rate and size/resolution, in the 34MB Pa5X_Performance_Guide_v10_E.pdf for which you very helpfully provided a link.

Reaction score
It appears that the Pa5X has a full-fledged workstation level 16 track sequencer....which sparked my interest. However....the Pa5X only has a single track of MP3 audio and Korg wants $4,699 just for the 61-key?? I'll just wait for the next flagship workstation....or perhaps a lower tier workstation(such as a re-release of the Korg M3.)

Reaction score
Keep a lookout on the Korgworld.co.uk website which is Korg UK’s site specifically for the Pa series as further live Webinar’s will be created.

At a Webinar the question can be asked, I did see it asked yesterday but no response was forthcoming.

Reaction score
Why KAOSS function is gone in PA 5x?? Anyone can explain..

It is a completely new OS.

From elsewhere reports are that it is currently very buggy.

So given Korg’s history with the 4X getting features unlocked with OS updates, it is reasonable to expect MIDI 2 Style to return along with Kaoss.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Long & McQuade here in Canada lists the 61 version @ $5,999, 76 @ $6,299, and 88 @ $6,799 CDN. Be prepared to shovel an additional 13% in sales taxes as well :p

The 88 is semi-weighted but not hammer action. I think they are kind of missing the point???

But I do believe you could create a credible movie score with this piece of technology.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
hello all. can any one tell me wich is better, professional aranger or musikant?

They can be one in the same.

The musikant version of an arranger differs only from its standard version by the onboard sound sets and styles which are geared toward the genre.

Oriental versions are also available, certainly in the Korg Pa models but as yet I am unaware of a musicant version of the 5X.

Reaction score
Long & McQuade here in Canada lists the 61 version @ $5,999, 76 @ $6,299, and 88 @ $6,799 CDN. Be prepared to shovel an additional 13% in sales taxes as well :p

The 88 is semi-weighted but not hammer action. I think they are kind of missing the point???

But I do believe you could create a credible movie score with this piece of technology.

Gary ;)

61 & 76 are semi weighted with aftertouch.

88 is a fully weighted piano hammer action. They quote in their sales info… The 88-key weighted action has a realistic piano-like touch.

Korg has used their RH3 weighted piano action keybed in models from the D1 to the SV2, Grandstage and Nautilus 88 but what is unclear at present is if this action is in the 88 key 5X.

Reaction score
61 & 76 are semi weighted with aftertouch.

88 is a fully weighted piano hammer action. They quote in their sales info… The 88-key weighted action has a realistic piano-like touch.

Korg has used their RH3 weighted piano action keybed in models from the D1 to the SV2, Grandstage and Nautilus 88 but what is unclear at present is if this action is in the 88 key 5X.
I hope so as I have pre-ordered the 88-key version.

Reaction score
Chris

If it is the RH3 or an evolutionary version then that will probably suit the Pa5X for all its capabilities.

When I tried a few DP’s the PH3 action did not have the same feel as the actions by Yamaha and Roland as it was a bit lighter but for an Arranger it is probably pretty ideal.

Good luck with your order, delivery here was quoted as August but now July.

I will wait a few months and then order a 76.

Reaction score
Chris

If it is the RH3 or an evolutionary version then that will probably suit the Pa5X for all its capabilities.

When I tried a few DP’s the PH3 action did not have the same feel as the actions by Yamaha and Roland as it was a bit lighter but for an Arranger it is probably pretty ideal.

Good luck with your order, delivery here was quoted as August but now July.

I will wait a few months and then order a 76.
Good point you make, Biggles! Yes, thank you, I was told that they would ship out by the end of August here in the US. I won't hold my breath but I sure hope so! Good luck with the purchase of your Pa5x 76! I know you have been waiting for a long time for this!

Reaction score
The sounds take the 5X to the next level if the reports and Korg staff demos are to be believed. Kronos, Nautilus and SV2 sounds onboard the new processing system, so it all bodes well, just a pity their customer dialogue has been practically non existant for an age.

The high polyphony is also a great bonus as is the two Style engines.

There are 4X features that are missing but hopefully they will come in time.

The vocal processing is via a new arrangement with another company as Vocoder is now owned by Behringer so that had to go.

Yep, I’m saving my Pension pittance to get a 76 in due course.

Ask a Question