New Kross 2 88 'super matte black'

Reaction score
Just in :
New sounds as well. No mention whether the new sounds are downloadable for the 'normal' Kross 2... (if they weren't , then that would be a slap in the face for existing Kross 2 owners...).
Some rather cool new pianos and EPs...

Reaction score
You should have seen my post on korgforums about the email I received from Paulo at Korg.

The Neon versions were released over a year ago and it is there additional content which was supposed to be released for us standard K2 owners. So far nothing, it is delayed due to technical problems, so the extra content in the new MB is not likely to be released anytime soon.

Korg PA owners certainly get treated far better than owners of synths/workstations with PA updates and additional content being freely available.

There are times when I wish I had bought the Juno DS.

Reaction score
I've seen that post...
Delayed because of technical problems... that's just an excuse, if you ask me. The new Kross 2 88 launches with those extra sounds built-in. As far as I can tell, the new black Kross is identical hardware wise, don't think there's additional memory.
Maybe they're hoping that people will buy the new model for those sounds alone...
And judging from Soundcloud, the sounds from the SE are the same as those in the new MB:
https://soundcloud.com/korg%2Fsets%2Fkross-special-edition-demo

Reaction score
I agree with you, Korg are great on one hand yet suck very badly on the other.

Korg Kross 2 add ons = nothing

Roland Juno DS add ons = dozens (via Axial)

Ask a Question