New member from FL, Ex UK

Reaction score
Hi everyone, decided to learn to play an instrument before I die, I decided on a keyboard, I had a electric guitar in my teens and 20's but mostly looked at it, I've sent for a low end Yamaha.
I'm not very musically minded and my hearing is not what it was but I'm going give it a real try, every time I've seen musicians play I've wished I could be that person, looking forward to the challenge.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! What model of Yamaha did you order?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
, every time I've seen musicians play I've wished I could be that person, looking forward to the challenge.
Hi Ivan,
You just described me. :eek:
About 10 years ago I decided to learn keyboard. I was always envious of musicians and always regretted not being part of a band and not being able to play music.
I bit the bullet and taught myself. Not even knowing what middle c was let alone what was a chord. I never knew how to read music and even that the keys related to dots on a stave. I actually stuck letters on the keys and endured the tedious and frustrating learning process.
I am now in my mid 60's (just to let you know Ivan) and can tell you my music playing is so much fun and my capabilities and knowledge of music amazes me. I only wish I did it at a youger age.
I just want to encourage you to stick with your ambition.
I am also keen to know the keyboard model that you have ordered (as SeaGtGruff asked)
Best of luck with it all.
Love music / Love life -ray

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Congratulations Ivan,

At one point or another we all "wanted to be that guy."

Whatever route that took us here, we eventually all found our inner child and started pounding out tunes on keyboards.

Whenever you get frustrated just remember that the only critic you really have to please is yourself.

Also to help your learning curve and avoid the common beginners' mistakes you might want to look at your local craigslist and find a tutor who is willing to work with adults.

Be that as it may, you're always welcome here to answer your questions and find encouragement as you progress.

Best of luck! :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question